TOPIC : IT IS AUGUST THANKSGIVING! LET’S GIVE THANKS TO GOD
Scripture :Psalm 92: 1. It is a good thing to give thanks unto the LORD, and to sing praises unto thy name, O most High:
Beloved, I welcome you to another Moment of Daily Encounter! We give thanks and praise to God Almighty who has made it possible for us to see the end of July. It was indeed a great time for us as God had began to launch some of us into our realm of rest already.
For those who are yet to enter their rest season, this August, you shall experience your own in the name of Jesus. Today is the first day of August, so it is time to give thanks to God!
As a reminder, Who are we thanking?
1. He is God, the Jehovah El-Shaddai(Gen.17:1): The El-Shaddai means the Almighty God, the mighty breasted One, the One with a breast milk that is sufficient for everyone to suck.
The entire humanity can suck from this breast, yet it is inexhaustible! As we all know milk is necessary for the growth and development of a child. That means as a child of God, all that you need to grow and develop into what God wants you to be is available in this God whose name is El-Shaddai! So give Him thanks.
2. He is God the Jehovah Jireh(Gen.22:14): Jireh means the great Provider! He is ever providing for all the living things on earth! The aquatic species, the birds of the air are adequately catered for by your heavenly Father. And He is also providing for His children on earth.
Why should give I thanks God
1. For the gift of life :
Isaiah 38: 18. For the grave cannot praise thee, death can not celebrate thee: they that go down into the pit cannot hope for thy truth. 19. The living, the living, he shall praise thee, as I do this day: the father to the children shall make known thy truth.
Those who have gone into the grave cannot give thanks and praise to God, it is only the living. And you are still one of the living, then give thanks to God.
2. It is commanded for us to give thanks and praises to God :
Psalm 150: 6. Let everything that hath breath praise the LORD. Praise ye the LORD.
As long as you are still breathing this command is for you, to praise God continually
3. For the benefits of sleeping and waking up daily :
Psalm 3: 5. I laid me down and slept; I awaked; for the LORD sustained me.
So many people don’t know that sleeping and waking up everyday is a miracle! Some went to bed but never woke up but that you could slept is a miracle, then waking up is another miracle! So God deserves your thanks.
4. Thanksgiving has a multiplier effect (Jn. 6:5-13): Jesus gave thanks for five loaves of bread and two fishes and it multiplied to feed five thousand! So as you give thanks for whatever is remaining in your life now, expect a multiplication!
That little seed in your hands will not die if you can thank God for it. Are you trusting God for a baby, thank God because you still have a womb that can carry a baby or has your womb be remove? Thank God you are still alive.
Beloved, I don’t know what you have lost within the year or past months?
Is it your job, your business, your means of livelihood, your loved ones or a precious relationship?
Whatever it is that you have lost, God is the reason why you did not lose your life, God is the reason why you did not lose everything!
So He deserves your thanks. Settle down this morning and give thanks with a heart of gratitude to God.
Our anchor scripture says (Psalm 92: 1) says It is a good thing to give thanks to God! Today, being the first day of August, I want you to bring out a quality time just to thank God for the year so far and thank God for the new month!
Remember this : Heaven is real and hell is real, the choice we make now determines where we shall spend eternity. Give your heart to Jesus today!
– Father thank you for your word to me today.
– Lord, I receive grace to thank you again and again for your mercy over my life so far, accept my thanks in Jesus name.
– I prophesy the God of new beginnings will do a new thing in your life this month in the name of Jesus.
– May mercy and grace be your companion this month in the name of Jesus.
From your brother Alex
God bless you.