6.00pm– 7.00 pm Saturday 5th August, 2023.
TOPIC: HINDRANCES TO PRODUCTIVE PRAYING
TEXT: JAMES 5:16-18
It is made clear in Scripture that God both hears and answers prayers. (PS. 65:2, Matt. 7:7-11). God is not a talkative: if it won’t be so, God won’t say it. God always says what He means and means what He says. So, if God has given us clear promises and assurance of Him answering our prayer, why is it that prayers are not still answered for most people? This, we shall unravel in our study today.
- HINDRANCES TO PRODUCTIVE PRAYING
- Guilt (Ps. 24:3-5). Guilt attacks faith and disconnects the guilty from God’s Presence
- Ignorance (John 15:7). This is the ignorance of God, the ignorance of God’s Word and the ignorance of God’s Will.
- Doubt (and Unbelief) (Heb. 11:6; 1 John 5:4). If prayers must be answered, faith is a must. Deal with your doubt to see your result, and clear your unbelief to possess your portion
- Fear (Job 3:25-26, Matt. 14:30). Fear causes already established results to disappear. A rich man can become poor because of the fear of poverty; someone in health can lose that health because of fear of affliction.
- Impatience (Heb. 6:12; Gal. 6:9). Spiritual results are received with patience. Patience is not weakness or defeat, it is firmness in the midst of fire.
- COUNSEL: Adjust appropriately and where necessary as regards today’s study
- FOOD FOR THOUGHT: A rich man can become poor because of the fear of poverty; someone in health can lose that health because of fear of affliction.
- PRACTICAL APPLICATION: Avoid the factors that hinder productive praying
DHC KINGDOM ADVANCEMENT PRAYER:
- Father, thank You for the privilege of seeing the eight month. Thank You also for the multiplications and cell plantings of last month. To You alone be all the Glory, in Jesus’ Name – Psalms 118:24
- Father, give us a visitation from heaven in this month of August as a commission that will lead to a massive harvest in the lives and destinies of the members of Your Church, Dunamis. Enrich Your people with the abundance from Your River, Lord, in Jesus’ Name. Ps. 65:9.
- Father, we ask that You frustrate the agenda of hell against Your Church, Dunamis and her members in this Eight month of the year 2023, Lord, in Jesus’ Name (Matt. 16:18).
- Father, we ask that You work in ways and manner beyond human comprehension to enforce Your plans and agenda for the destiny of Nigeria. Suspend every protocol for the sake of Your kingdom agenda for this Nation, in Jesus’ Name- Isaiah 55:8-9.
- Father, in this eight month, I connect with Your power to access victory. I receive the grace to collapse every mounting around my life, family and destiny. Let every mystery responsible for the misery of my life dissolve, in Jesus’ Name- Mark 11:23
- Father, thank You for answers to our prayers. To You be all the Glory, in Jesus’ Name- Matt. 7:7
|Welcome||2 mins||6:00PM -6:02PM|
|Opening Prayer||2mins||6:02PM -6:04PM|
|Praise & Worship||7mins||6:04PM -6:11PM|
|Testimonies||5 mins||6:11PM -6:16PM|
|Manual Study||15 mins||6:16PM -6:31PM|
|DHC Kingdom Advancement Prayers||15 mins||6:31PM -6:46PM|
|Prayer for needs||10mins||6:46PM -6:56PM|
|Announcement||2 mins||6:56PM -6:58PM|
|Closing prayers||2 mins||6:58PM – 7:00PM|