HOW CAN YOU BE PRAYING A SERIOUS PRAYER AND STILL BE OPENING PHONE TO ANSWER?
IF ANYONE’S PRAYER WILL BE ANSWERED, THE PRAYER MUST BE FERVENT AND PASSIONATE
DIVINE INTERVENTION FOLLOWS HUMAN PASSION AND DESPERATION
IT TAKES FIRE FROM THE HEART TO PROVOKE FIRE FROM ABOVE
NOTHING GLORIOUS HAPPENS UNTIL SOMEONE BECOMES SERIOUS
GOD CANNOT DO SERIOUS THINGS WITH THE UNSERIOUS
LOVE AND FORGIVENESS ARE CAPITAL REQUIREMENTS FOR ANSWERED PRAYER
IN CASE YOU WANT YOUR PRAYERS TO BE ANSWERED, WHEN YOU STAND PRAYING, FORGIVE
– Dr. Pastor Paul Enenche on “FORCES OF EFFECTIVE PRAYER – PART 2″ Power Communion Service Glory Dome, Abuja – Part A
I welcome everyone here this evening in the precious name of Jesus Christ.
It is the day that the Lord has made and we shall rejoice and be glad.
– somebody say, “God is making a way for me and good things are happening for me everyday and in every way in Jesus’ name”.
James 5:16-17. We are speaking on the part 2 of our subject last week, “FORCES OF EFFECTIVE PRAYER – PART 2″.
Last week, we began to see those forces of effective and we saw 4 of those forces.
1. A solid stand or righteousness with God. If our prayers must be effective, we must have a stand of righteousness with God that is solid.
2. The knowledge of God. Knowing God is critical to answer to prayers.
3. The knowledge or revelation of God’s will and Word. If we pray in accordance to His will, He hears us.
4. Vibrant Faith in God. Without Faith, it is impossible to move God.
It was very intense last week and we shall go further.
5. Passion and fervency of heart. If anyone’s prayer will be answered, the prayer must be fervent and passionate. James 5:16. Romans 12:11.
Passionate prayer is prayer with intensity and seriousness. Passionate prayer is prayer with focus. Passionate praying is praying with force.
The Greek word, “energeo” is the word for fervent. It’s prayer that carries spiritual energy.
Not necessarily in the shouting of it or the shaking of the body with it but in the force that the prayer carries, in the seriousness content and quotient of the prayer.
That was the kind of prayer that Hannah prayed. 1 Samuel 1:11-
13. The outcome of it was the securing of Divine attention. In 1 Kings 18:36, we saw that kind of prayer that Elijah prayed, prayer that carried force, fire and intensity and fervency. 1 Kings 18:36-38. Many people pray but it carries minimal spiritual energy. Many people pray with a lot of lethargy. The very words and the spirit behind it is weak.
There’s no force, no strength, no energy or seriousness behind it. No wonder most prayers go unanswered.
Now, take note of 3 things that I will say in this regard.
5a. Divine intervention follows human passion and desperation.
We saw from the life of Hannah, if there is going to be Divine intervention, there would be passion and desperation from man. 1 Samuel 1:11.
5b. It takes fire from the heart to provoke answer from above. Effectual, fervent. Fervent means that it carries fire.
It takes fire from the heart to provoke answer from above. Say it another way, it takes fire from the heart to provoke fire from above. James 5:16. 1 Kings 18:36-38.
5c. Nothing glorious happens until someone gets serious. The glory of God that fell in the form of that fire answered to the seriousness of Elijah. 1 Kings 18:37.
Nothing glorious happens until someone becomes serious. We saw that from the prayer of Elijah. Another way to say it, God does serious things only with serious people. Don’t forget that. He does serious business only with serious people.
You saw how unserious Cain was about life, God could not do anything serious with Cain. You saw how unserious Esau was with life, God could not do anything serious with Esau.
God does serious things with serious people. God cannot do serious things with the unserious and that seriousness goes into the place of prayer.
There are people praying serious prayers and still opening the phone to answer. That is not a prayer that you’re expecting answer, right?
Is it God that you’re telling to hold on for you to answer a call. When you’re in the midst of matters that are serious, phone is not on.
It doesn’t matter if it’s the president of America that is calling, the President-General of the universe has engaged you.
There are many people, they will be chewing gum, and God is watching all these things. Serious matter and you’re dozing inside the prayer.
Have you ever slept or dozed in front of an examiner that is asking you oral examination or in front of an interviewer? After you have prayed, both you and God and the devil will know that you prayed. we used to pray in those days in the university until your anterior abdominal wall is paining you, you felt the pain.
Even here, our Pastors here felt it, tonguing for hours.
– I see something happening for somebody here!
That is, you’re laying hold on the horns of the altar. You mean business, God knows that you mean business, you know that you mean business and the devil knows that you mean business.
6. The heart of love and forgiveness. Mark 11:24-25. Love and forgiveness are capital requirements for answered prayer.
Otherwise, Jesus won’t mention it. In case you want your prayers to be answered, when you stand praying, forgive. If you’re praying for religious purposes, you can pray with bitterness but if it is answers you’re looking for, when you stand praying, forgive.
Share with friends.