Stanford University Scholarships 2023-2024: Fully Funded Opportunities
Stanford University offers fully funded scholarships for international students pursuing Masters and PhD studies. These scholarships encompass various fields of study and provide comprehensive support, including coverage of full tuition fees, a travel stipend, a living allowance, and academic expenses.
Stanford University, ranked #2 in the QS World Universities Ranking 2019, is offering 100 fully funded scholarships for international students to pursue Masters, Ph.D., MS, MBA, MFA, MD, and JD degrees.
Knight-Hennessy Scholarship: A Path to Global Leadership
The Knight-Hennessy Scholars Program is one of Stanford University’s most prestigious scholarship initiatives, designed to attract the brightest minds from around the globe. This fully funded scholarship covers tuition, accommodation, and a generous living stipend for up to three years of study. Open to graduate students across all disciplines, the Knight-Hennessy Scholars Program aims to develop a diverse community of future leaders who demonstrate exceptional intellectual ability, leadership potential, and a commitment to making a positive impact on the world.
Stanford University: A Legacy of Excellence
Founded in 1885, Stanford University has established itself as a leading institution for learning, innovation, and scholarly pursuits. Over the past 125+ years, Stanford has consistently contributed groundbreaking ideas and discoveries, becoming one of the world’s top-ranked universities. The Knight-Hennessy Scholarship Program serves as a magnet for talented individuals, fostering a vibrant community of scholars dedicated to purposeful leadership development and making a positive impact on a global scale.
– Level of Study: Masters, PhD
– Institution: Stanford University
– Study Location: USA
– Opportunity Focus Areas: Scholarships are available for Graduate (PhD) degree programs in arts, engineering, education, humanities, social sciences, and professional degrees in business, law, or medicine. For a comprehensive list of available programs, click here.
– Program Period: The Knight-Hennessy Scholars program covers up to the first three years of graduate education. If your degree program extends beyond three years, such as an MD or PhD program or a Stanford dual- or joint-degree program, the remaining education costs will be funded by your Stanford home department.
– Application Deadline: October 12, 2022 (For more details, click right here)
Stanford University Scholarships offer the following benefits to recipients:
- Travel Stipend: An economy-class ticket for one annual trip to and from Stanford will be provided.
- Living and Academic Expenses: A stipend to cover costs such as room and board, books, academic supplies, local transportation, and reasonable personal expenses will be granted.
- Tuition Fellowship: The scholarship program directly covers tuition expenses, based on the standard level of enrollment in the department. However, costs covered by the student’s home department at Stanford, such as subscriptions or lab equipment, are typically not included.
– Note: Knight-Hennessy Scholars may also apply for supplemental funds to support academic endeavors, such as conference travel.
Eligibility Criteria for Stanford University Scholarships
To be eligible for Stanford University Scholarships, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Language Proficiency: Proficiency in English is required.
- Eligible Countries: The Knight-Hennessy Scholars Program welcomes applications from all countries worldwide.
- Academic Qualifications: Applicants must have completed their first/bachelor’s degree in 2015 or later and plan to enroll in 2022. The application must be submitted within four years and enrollment must occur within five years after earning the first/bachelor’s degree.
- Personal Qualities: Candidates should demonstrate mental sharpness, a thirst for knowledge, originality of ideas, the ability to navigate ambiguous situations, and the capacity to hold unconventional viewpoints.
- Application Requirements: Applicants must complete the Knight-Hennessy Scholars application, including any standardized tests required by their chosen graduate degree program (such as GMAT, GRE, LSAT, MCAT, etc.), and potentially an English proficiency test. They should also possess ambition, resilience, humility, inclusivity, and a concern for others.
- English Proficiency: Fluency in English (listening, reading, speaking, and writing) is essential for studying at Stanford. Most graduate programs at Stanford require a minimum TOEFL score of 100 iBT or 600 PBT. The TOEFL is accepted for all Stanford graduate degree programs, while the IELTS and PTE are also accepted for the MBA Program. Further details on scores can be found here.
- Full-Time Stanford Graduate Degree Program: In addition to applying for the Knight-Hennessy Scholars program, applicants must also apply for admission and be accepted into a full-time Stanford graduate degree program. Each Knight-Hennessy Scholar must be a newly enrolling student in a Stanford graduate program, including but not limited to DMA, JD, MA, MBA, MD, MFA, MPP, MS, or PhD programs. No discipline or program quotas exist; however, priority consideration is given to those who plan to spend at least two years studying at Stanford.
How to Apply for Stanford University Scholarships?
Follow these application instructions to increase your chances of securing a scholarship:
- Create an account and start your online application here.
- Complete and submit the online application for admission, providing personal and academic information. The application will require details about your background, activities, and interests.
- Submit the following documents:
– Unofficial or self-reported transcripts from each college or university attended for at least one academic year. The transcript should include the degree conferred and the conferral date. If an unofficial transcript is unavailable, a self-reported transcript template can be downloaded. Study-abroad experience transcripts are unnecessary if the credits are already included on your transcript.
– A one-page resume highlighting your intellectual, personal, and professional background, as well as your achievements since secondary school.
– Two recommendation letters. More information can be found here.
– Two essays: One should connect the influences in your life that have shaped you, while the other should focus on how you plan to pursue your life’s calling, with an emphasis on how your Stanford education and Knight-Hennessy Scholars experience will support you. The combined word count for both essays should not exceed 1,750 words.
– Two short answer responses: Eight improbable facts about yourself and three current goals/objectives you are working towards (excluding admission to Stanford or selection as a Knight-Hennessy Scholar).
– A video story: The video should not exceed two minutes in length. You are welcome to provide answers that are shorter than the maximum time.
- Attend an in-person assessment.
Note: All Knight-Hennessy Scholars application materials must be submitted in English via the online application portal. Materials sent via email or postal mail will not be accepted. It is highly recommended to use the latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox when submitting your application.
Securing a fully funded scholarship at Stanford University opens the door to an unparalleled educational experience, access to world-class resources, and a vibrant community of scholars. With its commitment to fostering intellectual growth and empowering students to make a difference, Stanford provides the perfect platform for you to unlock your potential and shape a brighter future. Don’t miss this incredible opportunity to join the ranks of Stanford’s esteemed alumni who have gone on to achieve remarkable success in their respective fields. Start your journey today by exploring the scholarship opportunities and preparing a compelling application that showcases your unique talents and aspirations.
For more information about Stanford University Scholarships, including the official website, please visit:
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Here are some frequently asked questions about the Stanford University scholarships:
Does Stanford University offer scholarships to international students?
Absolutely! Stanford University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive community, and as such, it offers scholarships to international students. These scholarships provide opportunities for talented individuals from around the world to pursue their educational aspirations at Stanford.
How competitive is the application process for Stanford scholarships?
The application process for Stanford scholarships is highly competitive, as the university receives a large number of applications from talented individuals worldwide. It is essential to present a strong application that showcases your achievements, potential, and alignment with Stanford’s values. Putting effort into preparing a well-written personal statement, securing strong recommendation letters, and highlighting your extracurricular involvement can significantly enhance your chances of success.
Does Stanford offer merit scholarships?
Yes, Stanford University offers merit-based scholarships to outstanding students who have excelled academically, demonstrated exceptional leadership qualities, and made significant contributions to their communities. These merit scholarships recognize and reward exceptional achievements and potential.