YOUNG MEN, ATIMES IT IS VERY GOOD TO MARRY ON TIME BEFORE YOU BECOME VERY RICH
YOU DON’T REALLY KNOW WHO YOUR FRIEND IS UNTIL SEASON CHANGES
I DIDN’T HAVE ANY PROPERTY OF MINE WHEN I GOT MARRIED TO MY WIFE
A REAL FRIEND WILL NOT PICK UP QUARRELS WITH YOU ALL THE TIME
A FRIEND IS ONE WHO MAY HURT YOU TO SAVE OR DELIVER YOU BUT YOUR ENEMY WOULD HAIL YOU TO RUIN YOU
A FRIEND IS ONE WHO IS COMMITTED TO THE SHARPENING OF YOUR LIFE’S GIFTS AND POTENTIALS
– Dr. Pastor Paul Enenche on “KNOW YOUR FRIEND” Power Communion (Midweek) Service Glory Dome, Abuja – Part C.
11. A friend is one who loves you at all times through all the seasons of your life Proverbs 17:17. That is why you must marry someone you love and you must marry someone you are friendly with.
If God gives you a friend to marry, thank Him because you were already flowing before the marriage. You don’t suddenly become enemies after. A friend loveth at all times. Listen to this; Someone said, ‘In prosperity, your friends know you but it is in adversity that you know your friends’. When you are rich, everybody is friendly with you.
Proverbs 14:20. The rich has many friends, many of them are fake. You don’t really know who your friend is until season changes.
There was a time in which cabinet in this country was changed close to Christmas, before the Christmas season of that year, they changed ministers and everything. One of the ministers confided in somebody, he said, “can you see life? By this time last year, I can’t count the number of Christmas cards, hampers and all of that that I got, this year now, see me alone”.
Christmas cards and hampers have disappeared, all those saying, “your excellency” all evaporated. There are those who would be saying, “it’s good for you. We are all the same now”. Don’t be deceived by those who hang around you because of your result. That is why, young men, atimes it is very good to marry on time before you become very rich.
Because by the time you become very successful, you won’t be able to know who is coming because of your money. In fact, there would be many recommended wives. Someone was telling me how she was recommended for somebody to marry, somebody big, the issue now is there are people who are spoiling her in front of that person.
I said, “wow. Is that how marriage happens?”
– somebody say Amen.
– may God show you real friends! May God show you true and qualitative friends!
When I married, the only thing I had was anything that I had in my bag because we lived in Doctor’s quarters.
The bed was for the hospital, everything, the only thing I went in with there was my bag. No car, nothing, and somebody said, “I will marry you” and agree to marry you. Not because she saw plenty money but she saw potentials and sees the future and the fire. There are those who would see you at that time and they won’t even look at you at all but now, they are envious, not knowing where the journey started from.
“Who is this one always wearing the same dress with husband?” They don’t know where it started from.
– may God give you people who genuinely love you, who genuinely believe in you without any strings attached.
– lift your right hand, say, “Father, I receive the grace to identify real friends in my life!”
12. A friend is one who is friendly with you, not hostile to you. Proverbs 18:24. A real friend is not that person that is picking up quarrels with you all the time.
There are those you call yourselves friends but you’re quarreling on a daily basis, you’re just wasting each other’s time.
13. A friend is one who may hurt you to save or deliver you but your enemy would hail you to ruin you. He’s praising you in disaster. Proverbs 27:6.
It is out of his faithfulness and commitment to you, to ensure that you’re not lost that he’s behaving as if he’s wounding you. “But the kisses of an enemy are deceitful” like the kiss of Judas.
They are claiming that they love you and all of that but they are deceiving you to ruin you.
– God will save you from such people.
14. A friend is one who is committed to giving you hearty counsels. The outcome of it is rejoicing and refreshing. Proverbs 27:9.
One man was trying to go very far from town in building a permanent site of Church like Canaanland and so on and so forth and I sat him down and I said, “the Bible said, if you want to build a house, count the cost”. I spoke with him from the heart, “so that you don’t feel frustrated, this and this and that must be in place before you decide to make such a move”.
I sat the man down, I told him my experience. He said, “wow. Thank you for talking to me like this. I never saw anything like this, I now know what to go and do”. Heart counsel.
You know there are those kind of deceitful children in secondary school, when their friends ask them, “please, what’s the formula of so so and so, do you know the answer?” They would just go round the corner so that they can pass and the person can fail.
– may God give you genuine friends!
My mother used to say, “a real parent should not be afraid of the face of their child”. That is, the child does not grow to a point where you’re afraid of their face to tell them what they need to know.
So, she would tell you what you need to know, raw. “I gave birth to you, I can’t be afraid of your face”. She said there are many parents today who are afraid of the faces of their children, they can’t tell them anything.
That’s how real friendship is, you love your friend, your wife and your children enough to say, “hey, sit down here! You can’t wear this kind of dress in this house. We don’t operate like this here”. That’s a friend.
15. A friend is one who is committed to the sharpening of your life’s gifts and potentials.
He sees a gift in you, he sees a grace in you, he wants to sharpen it. He assists to move your gift and potentials to another level. Proverbs 27:17. Your friend helps you to shine, be outstanding and helps your gift to shine. He sees a book that would help you, he gives you to read.
When we started our journey of marriage before we became Pastors, everytime I read a book, I gave my wife. I wanted us to be at par in our mentality. I don’t want to be thinking up and she’s thinking down. I don’t want to unequally yoked. I don’t want to be a horse dragging a goat.
I’m sorry to use that word but that’s the meaning of unequal yoking. This one has higher capacity than this and they’re trying to move together. A man sharpens the countenance of his friend.
The other day, I sent my daughter some musical things to work on herself in other areas of her musical and vocal things. I’m not so much of a professional, but I have a little knowledge there.
You want to pull out the best out of somebody. You want somebody to move to a higher dimension. The other day, she said, “the way you receive and write songs is effortless. I’m trying but I want God to help me”. I said, “okay, come and sit down with me” and then she sat down and (I started singing in tongues) and in less than 5 minutes on the spot, we got a song and got the wordings.
She said, “I am shivering, goosebumps. Is it so easy?” There are star musicians who boast about how they were able to write one song in one week and you’re talking of under 5 minutes. She said, “thank you for sharing it with me”. I said, “no! I can’t hoard it from you. I shouldn’t”.
– may God grant you people around your life that God will use to sharpen your destiny, gifts and graces in your life!
– lift up your right hand and say, “Father, I receive the grace to have in my life, quality people that would bring out my potentials in the name of Jesus!”
16. A friend is one in whose company you’re free to celebrate. Free to eat and drink. You’re not tensed up, you’re free to celebrate. Matthew 11:19. You know, there are places you go and you cannot eat. No matter how hungry you are, you won’t desire food there because you know that you’re in the company of your friends. You know anything can happen there. God is protecting you but you’re not going to eat there.