TOPIC: UNDERSTANDING THE MERCY OF GOD
Scripture: Psalm 102: 13. Thou shalt arise, and have mercy upon Zion: for the time to favour her, yea, the set time, is come.
Beloved, I welcome you to another Moment of Daily Encounter! The time of fasting and prayers is time to demand for mercy. Today we seek to understand the mystery called mercy.
Things to note about the Mercy of God?
1. The mercy of God is not meant for sinners alone. Most believers thought I don’t need mercy because I’m not a sinner! Well we all need need the mercy of God.
Mercy is the withholding of a just condemnation! Withholding of judgement we deserves. There are so many of us who shouldn’t be alive today if not for the mercy of God. For the Bible said:
Lamentations 3: 22. It is of the LORD’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. 23. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.
So every morning you wake up, it is by the mercy of God. When you weren’t born again mercy was what kept you from being killed! Even after you are born again and you don’t even know how to pray, and also when you were lazy and careless with your prayer life it is still mercy that prevents the enemy from having mastery over you. Infact, without mercy you couldn’t have got saved from your sin(Eph.2:4-5).
2. Understand that salvation was only routed through mercy does not mean that is the only thing mercy is meant for; there are many other things the mercy of covered. So we need to ask God for mercy.
3. When God arise, the first thing He shows is His mercy (PS 102:13).
Why do we need to pray for the mercy of God?
1. It is only provision designed by God to remedy the limitations of humanity: This is where both the believers and unbelievers needs the mercy of God. There is weakness in our human nature that is why you could get angry, feel pain, feel hungry and even react some times as if you are not a Christian! That is why you could kneel down to pray and fall asleep! Etc
Beloved, as long as we are putting on flesh and blood, there is a limitation to our human nature, this is why crying for mercy is inevitable. You need mercy to fill up the gap that human nature has created for you. You may be beautiful and smart without mercy nothing for you. If you depends on your good certificate or human connection without mercy you can still be disappointed! That is why you need mercy.
Nehemiah understood this mystery called mercy, he was a king cup bearer in a strange land and when the report of what is happening to his people came to him, his first reaction was to weep and then he fasted and prayed. We can see his style of prayer by by adoring God and then identify with the sin of his father’s house, he prayed (Nehemiah 1: 6)
He finally close out with a cry for mercy, knowing fully well that all his plans could only be realized by the mercy of God.
Nehemiah 1: 11. O Lord, I beseech thee, let now thine ear be attentive to the prayer of thy servant, and to the prayer of thy servants, who desire to fear thy name: and prosper, I pray thee, thy servant this day, and grant him mercy in the sight of this man. For I was the king’s cupbearer.
Beloved, Have you gotten all your prayers expectations ready for the year? You will need a touch of mercy on that expectations. Even with all the prophetic declaration that has been made over your life so far, it takes mercy for you to take responsibility on your part to bring in fulfilment of prophecy. For a Prophecy to be fulfill, it takes commitment on the part of man to take responsibility for the fulfilment of prophecy and this is why you need mercy to remedy up for your inadequacy and deficiency!
Remember this: Heaven is real and hell is real. To ignore the sacrifice of Jesus is to signed up for eternity in hell! Give your heart to Jesus today.
– Father thank you for your word to me today.
– Father, I need your mercy in my life today in the name of Jesus.
– I declare the door of mercy is open for you this season in the name of Jesus.
– Every close door that is standing before you, May the of God open it now in the name of Jesus.
From your brother Alex
God bless you.