GTBank is one of the leading banks in Nigeria today. And the main reason is because of their uniqueness of their services.
Some of their services that make them unique include:
- The introduction on GTBank Token.
- GTBank Master Card Secure Code
- Online Banking etc.
Today we shall discuss how you will get your GTBank MasterCard activation code for online transactions.
To Get Your Activation Code:
1. Visit any GTBank branch close to you. Get to the marketing section of the Bank and tell them you want to apply for Internet Banking or want to be profiled for Internet Banking and would want to apply for a “Token”.
The bank will debit N2,100 for the Token once you log into their site and activate your Internet banking account (or Naira MasterCard). You will get the Token device that day or they might ask you to come back for it another day, with a PIN which you need to change in the process of activating your Internet Banking account on their site.
2. On getting your Token and Internet Banking details, go to the GTBank website – www.gtbank.com – to activate your ATM card for online payment.
After doing that, you click on “Login” under “Internet Banking” and then enter your Internet Banking account user details [User ID (Username) and Password] which should have been sent to your email address.
After entering the login details and you can access your account, click on “Get Activation Code”.
3. After completing the step 2, another page will come up and on that page, you follow the instructions provided and fill the form on the page.
Select your card type (MasterCard) and enter the expiry date (which you will find on your ATM card) , then press the little button on your Token. It should display some digits, type in those digits and click on the “Submit” button.
4. After you submit, your code will be generated. The generation of the code means your ATM card has been activated. Keep this online activation code away from anyone else and you shouldn’t compromise it.
5. The code generated will be required every time you want to make payment online with the card.
And now that our GTB Naira MasterCard (ATM card) is ready, you can make online payments anywhere you see the MasterCard secured logo on the Internet. Good luck.