-Bro Victor Tekobo at RCCG 69TH ANNUAL CONVENTION’ A New Wave of Glory’
Praise the Lord! If you are happy to be here shout a big hallelujah.
Heavenly Father we thank You, we worship You, we bless Your Name, we give You the glory and the praise. We thank You because You are the King of kings and Lord of lords. Father as we go into Your Word speak to us, enlighten us, open our eyes to receive and our hearts to receive from You.
Give us seeing eyes and hearing ears Lord. And Father whatever is our need grant us now and help us to know more of You and be glorified in our lives in Jesus Name we have prayed. Amen
I want to thank the leadership committee and of course my Boss, Pastor Leke Adeboye for this opportunity. I pray that God Himself Will continue to bless and reward you in Jesus Name. Amen
Today our topic is called EXCELLENCE.
Daniel was preferred because he was excellent. Now, Daniel was preferred above Presidents and Princes. Now, you know that Presidents are not ordinary people, Princes are not ordinary people.
They walk with an entourage, they have their own Personal Assistants but Daniel was more preferred than Presidents because an excellent Spirit was in him and that is the Holy Spirit. So, when you are excellent, you stand out positively. When you are excellent, you are preferred. You are favored!
- Excellence means to be outstanding. When you are excellent, you are outstanding in your sphere of influence. If you are a Pastor, you are an outstanding Pastor. If you are a football player, you are an outstanding football player. When you are excellent, you are outstanding. May God make you outstanding in Jesus Name. Amen.
- Excellence is being the best at what you do. Matthew 5:48. Excellence is a constant pursuit of perfection. You are not excellent until you constantly look for ways to improve. When you are pursuing Excellence, you are looking for ways to improve.
- 1 Peter 2:9, so you can see that when you are excellent, you are a Praiser. Those who praise God are excellent. May we continue to show forth praises. May our lives be excellent, may it be glorifying to God in Jesus Name. Amen.
- Excellence is personal development in a higher level. 1 Corinthians 13:11, when you are excellent, you are looking at personal development.
How can I be a better version of myself?
If you look at cars for example, the 1995 Toyota Camry is different from the 2015 Toyota Camry is different from a 2021 Toyota Camry.
From the 1995 Toyota Camry to the 2021 Toyota Camry, if you look at it, there is a huge difference. Huge level of advancement in the cars.
Same thing with you, when you are excellent, there is an attention to personal development. Being excellent is attention to details.
Now, excellence is not gotten in your comfort zone. Nobody becomes excellent in their comfort zones. Look at Joseph, Genesis 37:2-11. You could see that Joseph started as an Interpreter of dreams, he was dreaming dreams.
He started like someone that just dream and after a while, in the prison he became an Interpreter of dreams. Joseph was not refined but when he entered Potiphar’s house, he started developing himself.
When you are excellent, there is a constant improvement but Excellence does not come in your comfort zone. You can’t grow in a place of comfort. Those who are excellent, sometimes gets it at the place of hardship. Don’t despise that storm you are going through.
Don’t despise that hard time you are dealing with. God is perfecting all that concerns you and I pray that God Himself Will perfect all that concerns you in Jesus Name. Amen.
- Excellence pushes you from potential to purpose: When you are excellent, you are pushed from potential into purpose. When you are excellent, you move from raw material into productive material. When you are excellent, you move from a state where you are a dismal entity to a state when you are the Shining light.
Many times, men and women of substance are attracted to excellent people. Excellence is attractive!
Phillipians 4:8, when you are excellent, you will realize that Excellence is a mindset. May God make us excellent in Jesus Name.
- Excellence is not the absence of mistakes or setback or personal failures. It is the ability to ride above it. Excellence is not the absence of money. It is the ability to ride above them to forge ahead.
Examples of Excellent People in the Bible:
- Jesus : Jesus was an Excellent man. Jesus is the blue print of excellence.
- Daniel: Daniel had an excellent Spirit.
HOW DO I BECOME EXCELLENT?
- Invest in personal development, wisdom and knowledge.
- Don’t be too big to ask questions : Don’t be too big to be taught by somebody.
- Pay close attention to something that may be deficient to your character.
- Pay attention to details.
Now, raise your hands and say Father help me to be excellent, fill me with the Spirit of excellence. I stand out, I am preferred, I am favored in the Name of Jesus.