Topic : SEEKING MARITAL REST
Scripture :Ruth 3: 1. Then Naomi her mother in law said unto her, My daughter, shall I not seek rest for thee, that it may be well with thee?
Beloved, I welcome you to another Moment of Daily Encounter! Seeking marital rest for every single or single parent is a task that demands full attention because there’s no way you can have a settled home if you miss the basic foundation that makes for a peaceful/restful home. Naomi sought marital rest for Ruth, today, we shall be looking at how to arrive at a restful home
What is it that makes a marital life restful?
- God: The number one factor that must be involved in your marriage to makes it restful is God. This is because He is the originator of the marriage institution. He only can supply the wisdom to manage a home and wade off every enemy of the family life.
- Getting the right partner: The choice of whom you spend the rest of your life with matters a lot because if you miss it at the point of choice making, you may have to live with it for the rest of your life.
How then can you meet with a spouse that will give you rest?
- Prayer(Luke 6:12,13): It is only God that knows the person that can give you peace and rest. It is only God that knows the tomorrow of every individual, if you try to use your brain you will be disappointed, if you try to use psychology you will be disappointed too! Therefore, begin to make your prayer to God.
- Allow the Holy Spirit to lead you (Rom. 8:14): Trust the leading of the Holy Spirit not your flesh or emotions. If however you are not born again, you might not understand how the Holy Spirit leads. So be born again and get filled with the Holy Spirit.
Please note that if anyone approaches you for marital journey, he/she must have been born again first before starting out any journey of whether he’s right or wrong. And if the Holy Spirit gives you warning signals, run for your dear life.
- Be consumed by service (Ruth 2:2-4): It was in the place of service Ruth found her restful home! So settle with kingdom assignment, serve God with all your capacity and God knows how to meet you in the place of service. Your service to God is a prophecy for your future! Your service has a voice in the court of heaven. So begin to serve in any unit of your choice.
- Get prepared for your rest maritally(2Chro.27:6): It is when preparation meets with opportunity that success is guaranteed. If you are not prepared you will likely attract an unprepared spouse and when two unprepared people meet the result is unrest /trouble!
What are the areas you need preparation for? :
a. Acquire relevant knowledge : Get to know what marriage entails, the knowledge of gender difference, finance, emotional intelligence etc. Study more on how to ensure your marriage succeeds.
b. Discover your purpose : Get to know your purpose of existence as it streamlines your life and determines your choice as well as gives a vision and focus for life.
c. Develope quality relationship with God: Don’t allow your life to be run by mood swings or emotions
d. Home management :Try to know what it takes to manage a home. Acquire some relevant skills such as cooking skills etc
e. Try to know a little about money : How to make money, manage money and grow it.
In conclusion, a restful home is possible if, you do the needful, trust God, He will never hand you over to a troubled home.
Remember this : Heaven is real an hell is real, don’t go to hell because of marriage!
Prayer points :
- Father thank you for your word to me today!
- Lord, I trust you for my marital rest and establishment in the name of Jesus.
- I prophesy your season has come for everyone seeking marital rest, now enter into your rest in Jesus name.
- To every single or single parent who are bereaved of their spouse, the LORD is granting you marital rest this season in the name of Jesus! – Just as Naomi sought rest for Ruth, the LORD is granting you rest this season in the name of Jesus.
- To every sick marriage, I declare healing in Jesus name From your brother Alex
God bless you.