TOPIC: WHY BLOOD SHED PRODUCE RESTLESSNESS OF THE SOUL
Scripture: Genesis 4: 10. And he said, What hast thou done? the voice of thy brother’s blood crieth unto me from the ground.
Beloved, in continuation of what we started yesterday, we established that wickedness in the heart do manifest through lust of various degree and blood shed. Today we shall be looking at why blood shed often produce restlessness of the soul.
In all religions, the quest for blood is very high. Both in occult and witchcraft practices, there is this demand for blood be it animal blood or human blood. Hence God warns His children not to shed blood:
Genesis 9: 6. Whoso sheddeth man’s blood, by man shall his blood be shed: for in the image of God made he man.
Why does blood shed produce restlessness?
1. It is because blood carries life (Lev.17:13-14)
2. It is because blood has a voice and it will always cry;
Genesis 4: 10. And he said, What hast thou done? the voice of thy brother’s blood crieth unto me from the ground.
So, every time blood is shed in a place, there’s a cry to God for vengeance. There are so many families that blood is crying against. There are also individuals blood is crying against too! When your the voice of blood shed cried against you, in response your soul produce agitation or become restless
Although, there are times you may not have shed blood directly yet you are a victim of blood shed by virtue of the family you came from!
Luke 11: 51. From the blood of Abel unto the blood of Zacharias, which perished between the altar and the temple: verily I say unto you, It shall be required of this generation.
I will like to run through the damaging consequences of blood shed; yesterday we discussed three which are:
1. Curses and restlessness
3. An issues( details in our yesterday edition.
4. A Leper(2Sam.3:29): One who is an eye sore to the society. Their hands are off spiritually, nothing succeeds in their hands. Every year members of the family have to contribute for them to start afresh.
This is because, there’s a force that is capable of cutting off, one’s thumb, so that he will not be able to handle anything. That is the consequence of blood shed, it renders people incapable of having a firm grip of whatever is given to them.
5. One leaning on a staff (2Sam.3:29): That is someone who cannot stand by himself, they have to depend on others for survival. They may have certificates, yet with their certificates they cannot feed themselves. It makes one dependent when he ought to be supportive.
6. One that falleth on the sword(2Sam.3:29) : That’s untimely death! If You are in a family where there is untimely death, then blood has been shed there sometimes ago! People dying at the prime of their age is not God’s agenda. Rather it is a reaction to blood shed.
7. One that lacks bread(2Sam.3:29): This speaks of poverty! Any family that shed blood, poverty always runs in their generation. It is a poverty that forces people to sell their inheritance.
8. Barrenness : No baby wants to come into that family where they have been killed in abortion.
9. Creations begins to fight you (Gen. 4:12): When you are making effort, your effort will be frustrated. The ground will refuse to answer to you.
The good news is you can still find rest in Christ:
Matthew 11: 28. Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
How to get rest from the restlessness of blood shed?
1. Genuine repentance (Acts3:19)
2. Brokenness (Isa. 57:15); this is the heart of surrender, telling God you are helpless without Him, demanding for God’s mercy.
3. Apply for the blood of Jesus (Heb. 12:24, Zach. 9:11)
4. An encounter with apostolic or prophetic grace(Hos.12:13)
5. Dedication to God
6. Establish a fellowship with the Holy Spirit (1Cor. 14:15)
Remember this : Heaven is real and hell is real! Eternity lies ahead every man. Where will you spend eternity?
– Father thank you for your word to me today.
– Lord, I release the blood of Jesus against any blood crying against me and my family in the name of Jesus.
– I declare liberty, rest to every soul that is suffering under the consequences of blood shed.
– The blood of Jesus Christ speaks better things, may it speak for you today in the name of Jesus.
From your brother Alex
God bless you.