What is help?
Help means support. It is a service rendered to assist another person.
Help is something virtually no one can do without, at one point in time in life, you will need help, either in things a fellow human can help you with or something beyond the help of man whereby you will need to look up to God alone to help you.
Let’s read 2 Chronicles 14:1-12
Asa was faced with Zerah the Ethiopian in battle, but something scary was mentioned in this scripture; In 2 Chronicles 14:8 Asa had five hundred and eighty thousand (580,000) mighty men of valour but Zahor in verse 9 had one million hosts and three thousand chariots. Mere looking at the difference in number, it sends fear into the heart of man. Asa already knew if he should go into battle that way defeat is sure, the only option left was to cry to God for help.
2 Chronicles 14:11 KJV
And Asa cried unto the Lord his God, and said, Lord , it is nothing with thee to help, whether with many, or with them that have no power: help us, O Lord our God; for we rest on thee, and in thy name we go against this multitude. O Lord , thou art our God; let not man prevail against thee.
You always have to set the Lord before you as your own power cannot carry you. (Psalms 16:8)
Imagine fighting a battle with God in your army and your opponent having only men in their army, your victory is sure. Why not call unto God for help, you can’t fight all battles with your human effort.
The children of Israel in Exodus 2:23-25 had to cry to God for help when they were in bondage in Egypt
Know that in life, you will come in contact with circumstances that will make you realize that unless God helps you, you are helpless, at that moment you surrender your all to God.
How to enjoy God’s help
1. Ask: Whatsoever you ask in prayer believing, God will grant them to you. Matthew 7:7, John 16:24
2. Be humble: God loves humility, don’t think you can get anything from God as a proud person. Infact a proud person won’t even see any reason to call unto God for help. Such a person is full of him/herself and God hates such. James 4:6
So, to qualify for God’s help, you need to be humble enough to go to him in prayer.
3. Be obedient to his word: Obedience will open doors of express help because you become God’s favorite when you obey him. It shows that you have confidence in him and believe what he says and this alone stirs him up to even do beyond what you ask from him.
4. Have Faith in him: you need to believe that he is able to do what he promises
Benefits of God’s help
1. Our joy will be full: (John 16:24)
2. Asking God for help brings our matter directly under his care and this brings assurance of victory because God has never and will never lose any battle.
3. It eases our burden. When God helps you, you have less to worry about, your mind will be free from worries and anxiety.
1 Peter 5:7
Our God is capable of doing all things, go to him for help in whatsoever situation you find yourself in and God will rise up to help you.