TOPIC: THE HOLY SPIRIT – THE SPIRIT OF REST
Scripture: John 7: 38. He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.
Beloved, yesterday, we looked at the first level, which is the well level of the Holy Spirit. This is the level of every born again child of God. Today, we shall look at the second level- which is the river level.
The Second Level is the River Level
The river level is what is also called Holy Spirit baptism! In some quarters, it is called the infilling of the Holy Spirit. This is where speaking in tongues starts, the Holy Spirit moves into your life like a river and empowers your life to do supernatural things.
Jesus was teaching his disciples when He made mention of it ;
John 7: 38. He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water. 39.
(But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)
Observe the clause “for the Holy Ghost was not yet given”! So Jesus was talking about the river level even when the Holy Ghost was not yet given but today the Holy Ghost is already given.
Our part is to recieve Him like a man will welcome His lover. The Holy Ghost came on the day of Pentecost and has remained with us since then (Acts 2:1-4).
What then is the implications of the River level?
1. It is the gateway to the supernatural:(1 Cor.12: 7)
The arrival of the Holy Spirit baptism is the arrival of a Personality that ushers us into the realm of the supernatural.
He is the only authorized channel into the realm of the supernatural. Every other spirit that does it are rogues because they are are not authorized. His arrival is heralded with the mystery of speaking in tongues that ushers us into the supernatural.
Beloved, do you desire to see beyond the optical eyes, see beyond the natural then partner with the Holy Spirit today.
2. He comes to fill us with the fullness of God:
Ephesians 3: 19. And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.
There is more to God that many born again children of God do not know until they are filled with the Holy Spirit ( river level).
3. The river level equips us with the power for service:(Ephe. 3: 20).
Acts 1: 8. But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.
Christian life is boring without the help of the Holy Spirit! The world is full of all kinds of demonic powers everywhere. To exist without power is to be a toy in the hands of the devil.
4. His arrival equips us with the weapon of speaking in tongues as a prayer language.
1 Corinthians 14: 15. What is it then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will pray with the understanding also: I will sing with the spirit, and I will sing with the understanding also.
Every child of God that is filled with the Holy Spirit can switch to the Holy Ghost language of prayer and pray for a very long time because the Holy Spirit supplies the utterance.
5. The arrival of the Holy Spirit at the river level engraces us with the gifts of the Spirit.(1Cor.12:8-10). Whereas the well level engraces us with nine fruit of the Spirit, the river level engraces us with nine gifts for the profiting of the body of Christ.
Beloved, don’t settle at the well level, it is time to rise up and move up in your journey into the river if you haven’t!
Remember this: Heaven is real and hell is real! The decision to be with God in eternity begins now. Give your heart to Jesus today.
– Father thank you for your word to me today.
– Lord I receive the baptism of the Holy Spirit afresh in the name of Jesus.
– I prophesy the fresh release of Holy Ghost baptism upon your life today in the name of Jesus.
– May the Holy Spirit usher you into the realm of the supernatural in the name of Jesus. Receive the prayer language of the Holy Spirit today.
From your brother Alex
God bless you