According to Forbes, the richest pastors in the world include:
- Bishop T.D. Jakes – net worth of $150 million
- Joel Osteen – net worth of $100 million
- Kenneth Copeland – net worth of $80 million
- Creflo Dollar – net worth of $75 million
- Benny Hinn – net worth of $60 million
- David Oyedepo – net worth of $150 million
- Chris Oyakhilome – net worth of $50 million
- Bill Winston – net worth of $40 million
- T.B Joshua – net worth of $10 million
- Matthew Ashimolowo – net worth of $10 million
It’s worth noting that these estimates are based on publicly available information and should be considered approximate. Additionally, the actual wealth of religious leaders may be difficult to determine as many churches and religious organizations are not-for-profit and do not have to disclose financial information.
- Bishop T.D. Jakes: He is an American pastor, author and filmmaker. He is the pastor of The Potter’s House, a non-denominational American megachurch. He has also been featured on the cover of Time magazine and has written over 40 books. He is one of the most well-known and influential pastors in the United States.
- Joel Osteen: He is an American pastor, televangelist, and author, based in Houston, Texas. He is the senior pastor of Lakewood Church, the largest Protestant church in America, according to Church Growth Today. His televised sermons are seen by over 7 million viewers weekly and over 20 million monthly in over 100 countries.
- Kenneth Copeland: He is an American televangelist and author associated with the Charismatic Movement. He is the founder of Kenneth Copeland Ministries (KCM). His organization’s headquarters are in Tarrant County, Texas. Copeland has been identified as preaching a prosperity and abundance message, commonly referred to as the “prosperity gospel”
- Creflo Dollar: He is an American televangelist, pastor, and the founder of the non-denominational World Changers Church International based in College Park, Georgia, a suburb of Atlanta. He is also the founder of Arrow Records. His ministry is also broadcast on television internationally and his sermons are also available on streaming audio and video.
- Benny Hinn: He is an Israeli televangelist, best known for his regular “Miracle Crusades” – revival meeting or faith healing summits that are usually held in stadiums in major cities, which are later broadcast worldwide on his television program, This Is Your Day.
- David Oyedepo: He is a Nigerian Christian author, architect, preacher, and the founder and presiding bishop of Living Faith Church World Wide, also known as Winners’ Chapel. He is the senior pastor of Covenant University, Ota, Nigeria. He is one of the most respected and influential pastors in Africa.
- Chris Oyakhilome: He is a Nigerian Christian minister who is the founding president of Loveworld Incorporated, also known as Christ Embassy, based in Lagos, Nigeria. He is also the president of Believers’ Loveworld International.
- Bill Winston: He is an American pastor, author, and international speaker. He is the founder of Bill Winston Ministries, based in Forest Park, Illinois. He is also the pastor of Living Word Christian Center, a non-denominational church with over 15,000 members.
- T.B Joshua: He was a Nigerian pastor, televangelist, and philanthropist. He was the leader and founder of The Synagogue, Church of All Nations (SCOAN), a Christian organisation that runs the Emmanuel TV television station from Lagos.
- Matthew Ashimolowo: He is a Nigerian pastor, author, and the senior pastor of Kingsway International Christian Centre, based in London, United Kingdom. He is also the founder of Matthew Ashimolowo Media, which operates the Inspiration TV channel. He is one of the most respected and influential pastors in Africa and the UK.
How do pastors make money?
Pastors make money in a variety of ways. Some of the most common include:
- Salary: Many churches pay their pastors a salary, which may be based on factors such as the size of the congregation, the pastor’s experience, and the cost of living in the area.
- Donations: Many churches rely on donations from members to support their operations, including paying the pastor’s salary.
- Book sales: Pastors who write books may earn royalties from the sales of those books, which can be a significant source of income.
- Speaking engagements: Pastors who are well-known or have expertise in a particular area may be invited to speak at events, conferences, and other gatherings, which can also be a source of income.
- TV and radio shows: Pastors who host their own TV or radio shows can earn money through advertising, sponsorships, and other forms of monetization.
- Investment: Some pastors might own some business or invest the money they earn from preaching.
It’s worth noting that many pastors do not earn large sums of money, and many churches operate on a shoestring budget. Additionally, churches and religious organizations are not-for-profit and do not have to disclose financial information.