TOPIC: IT IS TIME TO GIVE THANKS
Scripture: 2 Samuel 22: 50. Therefore I will give thanks unto thee, O LORD, among the heathen, and I will sing praises unto thy name.
Beloved, I welcome you to another Moment of Daily Encounter! In our practice on Moment of Daily Encounter, usually the first day of the month, is set aside to praise and give thanks to God.
The journey of twelve months that started few days ago is now left with eleventh months! Waow! We give thanks to God Almighty who has made it possible for us to see the end of January. Today our focus is on giving thanks.
Our anchor scripture says :
2 Samuel 22: 50. Therefore I will give thanks unto thee, O LORD, among the heathen, and I will sing praises unto thy name.
Observed it begins with ‘therefore’ which implies that there is something that God has done for him and as such he is willing to give thanks.
What about you?
I want you to think for one minute and remember what God has done for you in the past one month! You will agree with me that God deserves our thanks and praised for the first one month that we have successfully completed in the year 2023.
What are we thanking and praising God for?
1. For gift of life.
Psalm 3: 5. I laid me down and slept; I awaked; for the LORD sustained me.
Many started January with us but couldn’t survive to see today February, the second month. So we are thanking God for the benefit of life.
2. The mercy of God that we have enjoyed:
Lamentations 3: 22. It is of the LORD’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. 23. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.
It is the mercy of God that has provided us with all that we enjoy daily. Even when we don’t pray or misbehave mercy forbid us to receive the punishment we deserves and not permitted the devil to make mastering of us.
3. For Divine preservation;
Psalm 91: 7. A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee. 8. Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.
The spike of insecurity in our nation is alarming but the mercy of God has kept us from kidnappers of men and ritualist. God deserves our thanks.
4. For answers to prayers: Many of us have experience answers to prayer in one form or the other since the year began, so God deserves our thanks
5. We need to thank God because our thanksgivings is application for more.(In.11:41-42)!
*Luke 17: 19. And he said unto him, Arise, go thy way: thy faith hath made thee whole.*
Amongst the ten lepers that came to Jesus only one was made whole because when he came to give thanks,he simply apply for more.
Beloved, the first month has come and gone! Do you see any things to thank God for? If you can thank God for one then the remaining eleventh months is a done deal.
I want to crave your indulgence to set aside some time to thank God for your life today. Don’t complain of what is not working yet, thank God for your life and family and celebrate God for the remaining eleventh months ahead of you, I see a fulfilling year for you this year! Welcome to February.
Remember this : Heaven is real and hell is real! Eternity lies ahead of every man, get prepared for it today.
– Father thank you for your word to me today
– Father thank you for the gift of life, thank you for your mercy, thank you for answering my prayers, thank you for preservation and all that you will yet do for me this year in the name of Jesus.
– Father, thank you for February shall be a better for me in the name of Jesus.
Numbers 1: 1. And the LORD spake unto Moses in the wilderness of Sinai, in the tabernacle of the congregation, on the first day of the second month, in the second year after they were come out of the land of Egypt, saying,
– Today is the first day of second month of the year 2023, like God spoke to Moses you shall hear the speakings of God.
– In this month, God shall surprised you in the name of Jesus
– The Lord shall bless you and give you a new songs in the name of Jesus
From your brother Alex
God bless you.