TOPIC : BENEFITS OF DANCING IN PRAISE TO GOD
Scripture :Psalm 149: 3. Let them praise his name in the dance: let them sing praises unto him with the timbrel and harp.
Beloved, I welcome you to another Moment of Daily Encounter! In continuation of yesterday’s meditation on dancing as means of offering praise to. Today, shall briefly outline the benefits.
What are the benefits of dancing in praise to God
1. It gives us the privilege of having a multi-purpose tool: This implies that dance can be use as a tool to carry out so many task. So if you have a burning issue in your heart. Do this by write down what the problem is in a piece of paper, keep it on the floor and dance around it.
Watch out and see how God will handle that burning issue as simple as a,b,c! This was what Jehoshaphat did (2Chro 20:15-25). Miriam dance and never see Pharaoh again (Exo.15:1-15. Paul and Silas dance and their chains fall off (Acts16:25).
2. It offers you the previledge of giving glory to God! When you dance in appreciation of your maker, you are invariably given glory to God because the Bible said :
Psalm 50: 23. Whoso offereth praise glorifieth me: and to him that ordereth his conversation aright will I shew the salvation of God.
And one of the way to offer praise is in a dance.
3. It offers you the privilege of delightsome obedience! You are directly obeying God when you dance in praise to God. our opening scripture says :
Psalm 149: 3. Let them praise his name in the dance: let them sing praises unto him with the timbrel and harp.
4. It offers you the privilege of giving God pleasure! God takes the pleasure when we dance :
Psalm 149: 3. Let them praise his name in the dance: let them sing praises unto him with the timbrel and harp. 4. For the LORD taketh pleasure in his people: he will beautify the meek with salvation.
5. It offers us the privilege of exercising our body; for the Bible said :
1 Timothy 4: 8. For bodily exercise profiteth little: but godliness is profitable unto all things, having promise of the life that now is, and of that which is to come.
There are several benefits of physical exercise of your body. And dance will provide you that privilege! So as you engage in a dance, you give praise to God and as well exercise your body. You may be sweating while dancing, never mind it is working for your good.
According to experts, the following are health benefits of dancing;
I. Better Brain Health
II. Improved Flexibility: The movements associated with dance can increase flexibility and reduce stiffness. Don’t over-exert yourself though – even the simple stretches associated with dancing can help ease joint pain.
III. Reduced Depression
IV. Weight Loss
V. Improved Cardiovascular Health
VI. Better Coordination Strength & Balance
VII. Improved Social & Emotional Health
VIII. Higher Self-Esteem & Confidence
It is worthy of note that the praise dance in question is private dance! A dance where it is you and your God. It could as well be you and your family. Whether you know how to dance or not you deliberately put up a dance in honour and praise of Jehovah.
However, there are dance that we must avoid as a believer especially in public worship, they includes:
A. Dancing to bring attention to yourself or your body
B. Any dancing that stirs up sinful desires in ourselves or in others is sinful. Matt. 18:6
C. Dancing in a way that would cause someone else to lust. 1Thes. 5:22
The reason why we should avoid them is because God is more concerned about our motive than our action(1Sam.2:3)
Remember this : Heaven is real and hell is real! Your life matters to God, so embrace Jesus- God’s love offers today.
Prayer points :
– Father thank you for your word to me today.
– Lord help me to give you quality praise in my dance in Jesus name.
– I prophesy your lost glory is been restored now in Jesus name.
– Every shame package by the enemy for you this season is cancelled in the name of Jesus.
From your brother Alex
God bless you real good.