NEVER THROW AWAY YOUR MINISTRY PATTERN BECAUSE OF A FATHER OR MENTOR WHO DOES NOT ACCEPT IT OR APPROVE OF IT:
MATURED FATHERS AND MENTORS KNOW HOW TO ENCOURAGE YOUR CALLING SEASONALLY:
THEY MAY NOT UNDERSTAND IT COMPLETELY, BUT WILL NOT ATTACK IT DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY:
It was a minister’s conference in the year 2001, Pst Femi Emmanuel of the Living Spring Chapel, came as one of the sons of Papa Oyedepo who happened to be a speaker at that conference.
In his message, he shared with the house, how God used his weekly Prayer mountain program in Ibadan to move his ministry to the next level. The program was organized every Wednesday by noon then, maybe it has changed now. (It was MIDWEEK AND MID DAY). We were so blessed, that was when he said, if you are not causing go slow in your city, you are going too slow.
When Papa came up to round up that session. He said everyone must hear God for themselves and build according to the pattern God showed them. In his words, thank God Pst Femi Emmanuel, did not come to me for counseling on the prayer mountain move, there is no way I will approve noon under heaven, won’t THE PEOPLE GO TO WORK? ARE THEY NOT SUPPOSED TO BE FAITHFUL TO THEIR BOSS? IF THEY LEAVE THEIR OFFICES TO ATTEND PRAYER MOUNTAIN AND THEY ARE SACKED FOR LEAVING THEIR DUTY POSTS, WON’T YOU HAVE ANOTHER PROBLEM TO MANAGE?
He concluded by saying, Never submit the sickle God gave you for the next phase of your ministry to the approval of anyone. They were not there when God told you.
And check all Papa Oyedepo’s sons who are doing very well in ministry, they submit genuinely to him but operate differently from him. ( At least The slaying Anointing). If they put you on the same altar with your spiritual father and mentors to minister, will you still have a ministry to offer to your generation?
SEVEN THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT PATTERNS IN MINISTRY:
1. Submit to higher Grace, but do not submit to ministry pattern. Patterns are different. You go to the mount and discover it for yourself.
2. If you submit to a father or mentors, and also submit to their patterns, you will at best look like one of their branches.
3. When your name is mentioned, you should be known for something different, that is how to stay relevant in the midst of all the giants we have in ministry.
4. At a certain level in ministry, God will only defend what he sent you to do and not what you decide to do on your own.
5. No two leaders have the same patterns.
Moses operated with the rod ministry, while Joshua operated with the word ministry. For Moses, it was the rod in his hand, for Joshua, it was the book of the law in his mouth. Sometimes, submission means believing in the rod ministry but staying with the word ministry that God gave you.
6. Only Assistant Pastors should copy patterns, not founders of churches. This is one of the reasons why most founders fail. Assistant Pastors must follow the patterns of the one who employed them.
7. Document your ministry pattern for everyone following you to know what to follow. Ultimately, you will be called home to be with the Lord one day; will the new leader inherit the grace to copy or a pattern that must be followed?
Answers Assembly Warri Delta State Nigeria.