MONDAY MENTORSHIP IN MINISTRY: ( MMM)
DON’T TALK ABOUT IT ON THE ALTAR:
THIS IS HOW OUR FATHERS HAVE SURVIVED MINISTRY CHALLENGES AND REALITIES:
IF IT IS NOT A TESTIMONY DON’T TALK ABOUT IT ON THE ALTAR:
IF IT WILL KILL OR WEAKENS PEOPLE’S FAITH DON’T TALK ABOUT IT ON THE ALTAR
IF IT WILL MAKE PEOPLE ASK GOD WHERE ARE YOU, DON’T TALK ABOUT IT FROM THE ALTAR:
YOU CAN NOT STOP IT FROM GOING OUT, BUT YOU CAN STOP IT FROM SPREADING FURTHER BY NOT EVEN TALKING ABOUT IT FROM THE ALTAR:
THE ALTAR IS FOR GOOD NEWS AND NOT FOR BAD NEWS:
ALL BIG AND MEGA CHURCHES HAVE REGULAR MANIFESTATIONS OF EVIL OCCURRENCES:
BUT THEY DON’T TALK ABOUT IT FROM THE ALTAR:
ONE OF THE THINGS YOU CAN’T SEPARATE FROM A CHURCH WITH MULTITUDES OF MEN AND WOMEN ARE THESE KINDS OF THINGS HAPPENING OCCASIONALLY:
A PASTOR THAT IS NOT EXPERIENCED IN THE WORK OF THE MINISTRY WILL THINK SOMETHING IS WRONG:
A Pastor serving in a church died the other day, and nobody hears of it from the altar of that ministry.
Everything was moving smoothly as though nothing happened, but there was an arrangement behind the scene on how to give him a befitting burial.
But let a pastor falls sick in our churches, from the altar you will be hearing let us pray for Pastor XYZ. It is a very scriptural move that will leave us with a negative effect.
7 REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD AVOID TALKING ABOUT IT FROM THE ALRAR?
1. The altar is for good news and not for bad news.
2. The altar is where we lift people’s faith and not where we kill people’s faith.
3. Any story that comes from the altar hardly dies a natural death.
4. The people already know what happened, you just have to let them be.
5. The pastor on the altar must not give people any reason to believe he is now completely hopeless. You are the last hope of some people in that church. As they see your courage, they also become courageous. Never sound hopeless on the altar.
6. There may be first-timers and newcomers in church, who may not accept that style of leadership.
7. You can always address it with a worker’s meeting immediately after the service where you would have talked about it from the altar. After talking about it with the church workers, they will help you spread it, based on the perspective you gave to them from your presentation.
In conclusion, if talking about it is your ministry style and tradition, then go ahead and talk about it from the altar. Your people may have accepted that approach as the acceptable approach within that community.
The template for ministry is not own by any church on earth, just do what works for you per time. The goal is heaven and not a pattern from one church that must be followed by all other churches.
Presiding Bishop Answers Assembly Warri Delta State Nigeria.