TOPIC : THE PROOF FOR LACK OF THE SPIRIT OF WISDOM
Scripture :James 1: 5. If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.
Beloved, I welcome you to another Moment of Daily Encounter! The possibility exists in every man to be bankrupt of Divine wisdom!
Today, we shall be looking at proofs that indicates the absence of this powerful Spirit called wisdom.
Our anchor scripture reveals that it is possible to lack wisdom even as a Christian(Jam.1:5)!
This scripture begins with a rhetorical question “If any of you lack wisdom,… “!
This obviously is one question that so many believers will shy away from probably because they don’t want to be address as a fool, hence they don’t want to admit their lack of wisdom. But God want us to examine our lives to see if there are proofs of lack of wisdom and then press forward to request for it.
We don’t just stop at admitting our lack of it but rather go on to take necessary action steps that leads to receiving wisdom.
The beautiful thing about our God is that He will not denied us our request when we ask for wisdom.
The Bible describe Him thus;
Jam.1:5….. God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.
What are the proofs that indicates lack of wisdom? :
1. The Presence of repeated failure and pains: It is possible to fail at least once or twice but when it becomes a repetitive affairs, then wisdom is absent. When wisdom is on ground, it delivers grace that forbid failure and things that bring pains.
Proverbs 4: 9. She shall give to thine head an ornament of grace: a crown of glory shall she deliver to thee.
You are expected to rise from level to level in glory because the wisdom of God is ordained for our glory just as the Bible said :
Proverbs 4: 18. But the path of the just is as the shining light, that shineth more and more unto the perfect day.
Therefore to have a repetitive failures, pains upon pains is obviously a sign of not knowing what to do – and that is lack of Wisdom!
2. The Presence of Incessant quarrel and fighting in the homes: If you notice quarrel and fighting all the time in your family life, then wisdom is lacking.
The Bible said:
Proverbs 14: 1. Every wise woman buildeth her house: but the foolish plucketh it down with her hands.
A home that wisdom is reigning, you can see an atmosphere of peace and serenity! But when worldly Wisdom is on display, you see rancour and acrimony, quarrel and fighting all the times. That is obvious sign that Divine wisdom is lacking.
There is wisdom of speech making which every woman must have to build her home, absence of such wisdom is mis-use of their verbal power that tear down peace in the homes.
3. The inability to provide leadership. If you can not lead or provide leadership is a sure sign of lack of wisdom! The Bible said:
Proverbs 8: 15. By me kings reign, and princes decree justice.
It takes wisdom to lead people, if you find it difficult to lead, then wisdom is absent. And every where there is excellent leadership whether in society, at home, school or in the church, wisdom is at work because men lead by wisdom.
4. The Presence of stagnation. When your life is not making progress at all despite the effort put in, then be sure wisdom is absent!
The Bible said:
Proverbs 4: 8. Exalt her, and she shall promote thee: she shall bring thee to honour, when thou dost embrace her.
The above scripture reveals that wisdom has capacity to promote you if you exalt her!
This implies that promotion is a function of wisdom, therefore stagnation is obviously a lack of wisdom. Anywhere you see stagnation, lack of growth, One thing is missing which is wisdom.
5. Lack of Honour : (Prov. 4: 8). Honour is what goes with promotion and promotion is attracted by wisdom, hence lack of wisdom equals dishonour!
Beloved, are you tired of labouring without nothing to show for it?
Are you tired of repeating thesame mistakes every now and then?
Are you tired of a life of stagnation! Are you tired of every day quarrel in the home?
If yes then apply for wisdom!
God wouldn’t deny you if you come to him acknowledging your lack of wisdom.
After acknowledging your of lack of wisdom, then ask for it:
James 1:5 …. let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.
Beloved, God is willing to give anyone that discovered his/her lack of wisdom and summon courage to ask God for help in prayer (Heb. 4: 16).
Remember this: Heaven is real and hell is real. The choice of eternity is up to you, give your heart to Jesus Christ today!
– Father thank you for your word to me today,
– Lord, I acknowledge my lack of wisdom and I receive grace to seek for your wisdom today in Jesus name.
– I prophesy the release of divine wisdom upon you now in the name of Jesus.
– May the Lord equip you with wisdom to tackle every challenging situation that has kept your back on ground in the name of Jesus.
Today wisdom capsule 💊, 💊, is God is willing to give the Spirit of wisdom to every one that ask Him.
From your brother Alex
God bless you.