TOPIC: THE NATURE OF THE SPIRIT OF WISDOM
Scripture: Mark 6: 2. And when the sabbath day was come, he began to teach in the synagogue: and many hearing him were astonished, saying, From whence hath this man these things? and what wisdom is this which is given unto him, that even such mighty works are wrought by his hands?
Beloved I welcome you to another Moment of Daily Encounter! Yesterday we did established that there shall be a daily wisdom capsule.
Today wisdom capsule 💊, 💊, is the Spirit of wisdom is the brain behind mighty works!
Our anchor scripture reveals that when the Spirit of wisdom is in operation what you see is mighty works!
What then is the nature of this Spirit called wisdom ?
As we begin to examine the nature of this Spirit of wisdom. The following points should be noted:
1. It is a ministry of the Holy Spirit. So you can not ignore the Holy Spirit in your pursuit of this Spirit of wisdom.
2. It is a Spirit that is given by God and the Holy Spirit of God is in charge.
3. This Spirit of wisdom gives wisdom that is quite different from the wisdom of this world. Our Lord Jesus Christ display such kind of wisdom no wonder, His life was characterized with such mighty! It is not a common sense, not Sophia or devilish wisdom which are the wisdom of the earth. Isaiah prophesy about Him :
Isaiah 11: 1. And there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse, and a Branch shall grow out of his roots: 2. And the spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD;
And when that Spirit rested upon Him, He said;
Luke 4: 18. The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,
The Spirit that rested upon Jesus was the Holy Spirit! However, one of the ministry of the Holy Spirit is impartation of wisdom and when that wisdom begins to function in the life of Jesus, mighty works were wrought! Hence the question what wisdom is this?
Beloved, the question that is left for every one of us to answer is what wisdom is it that is operating in my life? We have the answer as we look at our lives in reference to the Bible!
For the Bible present to us two large groups of wisdom, which are earthly or worldly wisdom and heavenly wisdom.
The earthly / worldly wisdom includes:
1. Natural wisdom : This is inherent in every man, you are just born with it The older you become the more wiser you become because it is garnered through experience. This wisdom is limited because you have to spend several years on gaining wisdom through various experiences.
2. The Sophia or Intellectual wisdom : This is Wisdom arises from all academics work, from science, technology and every other intellectual work. It is simply book wisdom, it comes from book and ends with book.
3. Satanic wisdom : This is what the occult trade with, those who have form alliance with the devil such as witches and wizards are loaded with this kind of wisdom.
The scripture reveals the nature: of earthly wisdom :
Any wisdom that fit into this scriptural description:
James 3: 15. This wisdom descendeth not from above, but is earthly, sensual, devilish. 16. For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work.
I. Not from above: So it is gotten from experience, books or by forming alliance with Satan
II. Strife/ quarreling and fighting(Jam.3:14): Any where there’s incessant quarrel or homes where there is strife all the times check it out, selfishness is at work there and selfishness is earthly wisdom
II. Envying(Jam.3:14): Anywhere you see envying on the display, the wisdom at work there is earthly wisdom or satanic wisdom. For example if I become envious of what the Holy Spirit is doing in your life that is earthly wisdom.
III. Confusion(Jam.3:16): This wisdom of “I know too much” I’m better than you brings confusion.
IV. Evil work(Jam.3:16): Evil such as assassination, scam, betrayal, dupe, kidnapping, forgery etc stems from this earthly wisdom that is devilish in origin. This trying to outsmart another person is not the wisdom of God.
For example age forging just to get a job, by the time you forge your age to ensure you get a job or remain on the job because you are afraid of being retired, can you also adjust every other areas of your life? Certificate forgery is not a wisdom of God!
But that is the wisdom we parade every day even as Christians. Today, the Holy Ghost is calling us to repentance!
Beloved, check your life, what wisdom are you exhibiting right now? It is time to called a spade a spade and ask God for Spirit of wisdom today.
Remember this: Heaven is real and hell is real! Your decision today determined where you will spend eternity tomorrow.
– Father thank you for your word to me today,
– Lord, I repent from parading earthly and devilish wisdom and I receive grace to pursue divine wisdom from today in Jesus name.
– I prophesy the desire for the wisdom of God receive it now in the name of Jesus
– I declare your life is excuse from calamity and disaster all through the month in the name of Jesus.
From your brother Alex
God bless you.