TOPIC: MAINTAINING RELATIONSHIP WITH THE HOLY SPIRIT
Scripture: Isaiah 63: 10. But they rebelled, and vexed his holy Spirit: therefore he was turned to be their enemy, and he fought against them.
Beloved, I welcome you to another Moment of Daily Encounter! As we bring the theme of the month “THE HOLY SPIRIT THAT GUARANTEED REST” to a close, it is important for us to note how to maintain a relationship with the Holy Spirit. Today our focus is how to maintain relationship with the Holy Spirit.
How do we maintain relationship with the Holy Spirit?
The Holy Spirit is a person. Therefore, we must relate with Him as such. And if we must maintain a relationship with the Holy Spirit, we must know Him experientially. We must know what He doesn’t likes, we must know the sins against the Holy Spirit must be avoided.
What are the sins to avoid?
1. Grieving the Holy Spirit (Eph.4:30:This is making Him sad when we live in anger, hatred, bitterness, unforgiveness, etc
2. Insulting the Holy Spirit (Heb. 10:29): Living in delibrate sin even after receiving the knowledge of the truth of the word of God
3. Lying to the Holy Spirit (Acts 5:3)Telling intentional lies or half truth.
4. Tempting/Testing the Holy Spirit (Acts 5:9): This is teaming up to tell lies
5. Striving with the Holy Spirit (Gen.6:3): Walking in the flesh continuously against the promptings of the Holy Spirit.
6.Blaspheming the Holy Spirit (Matt.12: 31-32): This is attributing the words and the works of the Holy Spirit to Satan and demon even though you have a clear witness within yourself that this is the HolySpirit.
7. Resisting the Holy Spirit (Act 5:51): This is going in opposite directions to definite guidance of the Holy Spirit.
8. Vexing the Holy Spirit (Ps.106:33)refusal to do what the Holy Spirit expressly commands .
9. Rebelling against the Holy Spirit (Isa.63 :10): Refusal to accept the leadership of the Holy Spirit.
Beloved, if you really want to maintain a solid relationship with the Holy Spirit, you must avoid the aforementioned sins above!
For example, you can not continue to grieve the Holy Spirit by refusing to forgive someone who hurt you and expect Him to keep up with you! You can not be living in perpetual hatred, refusal to walk in love. Rather, you choose to walk in bitterness and expect the Holy Spirit to put up with you! No way!
He will quietly walk out of your life. What most people don’t know is that the arrival of the Holy Spirit is announced with speaking in tongues, but His departure is not usually announced. And when the Holy Spirit leaves an evil spirit, it can take advantage of such an individual.
Besides, please understand that the Holy Spirit is emotional person that will not like to be hurt! Infact , He is like a woman that though interested in a relationship with a man but pretended not to be interested.
You have to woo her again and again until she could find some level of seriousness in you. So also is the Holy Spirit! He will have to test your willingness to put up with Him. Don’t hurt His emotions on continuous basis.
Beloved, don’t vex the Holy Spirit, don’t rebelled against the Holy Spirit. Rather obey His leadership, obey His instructions. The more you are willing to submit your will to His will the more the Holy Spirit will cooperate with you.
Remember this: Heaven is real and hell is real. The decision to spend eternity with God begins now. Give your heart to Jesus today.
– Father thank you for your word to me today.
– Lord I obtain grace to maintain solid relationship with Holy Spirit in my life in Jesus’ name.
– I prophesy may the Holy Spirit manifests Himself a fresh to you in the name of Jesus.
– May you experience rest on every side as you constantly fellowship with the Holy Spirit.
Assignment : Check every area you have been offending the Holy Spirit and repent of it today and you will experience the power of the Holy Spirit
From your brother Alex
God bless you.