Considering a move to Germany? It’s a brilliant idea! If you need more reasons to be convinced, we’ve compiled a list of 11 compelling factors why relocating to Germany could be the best decision of your life.
- Abundant Job Opportunities: Germany boasts the strongest economy in Europe and the fourth-largest in the world. Skilled workers with university degrees are highly sought after, especially in fields like IT, engineering, business management, and healthcare. With low unemployment rates, there’s a great chance you’ll secure a rewarding job in Germany. Check out our article “Germany Needs Skilled Workers” to learn more.
- Entrepreneurial Haven: Germany consistently tops polls as the number one destination for entrepreneurs. Its highly skilled workforce and favorable business regulations make it an ideal place to launch a start-up or open a new branch. If you’re considering starting a business in Germany, we can assist you in obtaining the Germany entrepreneur visa.
- Varied Cities to Choose From: Germany offers a diverse metropolitan landscape with numerous big cities spread across the country. From the artistic flair of Berlin and the serene Bavarian vibe of Munich to the financial hub of Frankfurt, you’ll have a plethora of historical cities to choose from when you make the move to Germany.
- Top-Notch Quality of Life: Even if you prefer a more relaxed lifestyle, Germany has you covered with its metropolitan areas filled with parks and green spaces. For instance, Berlin boasts vast urban parks, known as “Volksparks,” providing an ideal balance of urban amenities and natural beauty.
- Charming Small Cities: Germany is home to several historically rich and picturesque small cities, such as Leipzig, Weimar, Heidelberg, and Bonn. These cultural gems often feature enchanting town squares where you can enjoy traditional German Christmas markets and immerse yourself in the country’s rich heritage.
- Efficient Public Transportation: Germany’s public transportation system is among the world’s best, featuring well-connected metro lines like the S-Bahn, U-Bahn, and tram in major cities. Smaller urban areas are also well-served by efficient bus and tram networks, making travel hassle-free.
- Gateway to Europe: Bordering nine countries, Germany provides convenient access to various European destinations by train or plane. High-speed rail services allow quick travel between major cities, making it easy to explore neighboring countries like Switzerland, Czech Republic, Belgium, Netherlands, and Denmark. Major airports in Frankfurt and Munich offer excellent connections to the rest of Europe, Asia, and the Americas.
- Environmentally Conscious Culture: Germany is committed to environmental sustainability, and recycling is deeply ingrained in its society. You’ll find separate bins for paper and plastic products as well as compost bins for food scraps, reflecting the country’s eco-consciousness.
- Family-Friendly Policies: If you’re moving to Germany with your family, you’ll be pleased to know that the country provides strong support for parents. Affordable daycare options and monthly subsidies, known as Kindergeld, make it easier for families to manage childcare costs. Moreover, new parents can take advantage of Elterngeld (parent subsidy) during maternity or paternity leave.
- Renowned Universities: Germany houses some of the world’s best universities, and the best part is that they offer free education. Institutions like Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München (LMU Munich), Technical University of Munich, Heidelberg University, and Humboldt University in Berlin are highly ranked and offer top-notch academic and research programs.
- Rich History and Culture: Germany’s history dates back to ancient times, and evidence of its past can be seen everywhere. From traces of the Roman Empire along the Rhine River to medieval and Baroque towns with a fairytale charm, Germany is a treasure trove for history enthusiasts. The country also bears the scars of World War II and the Cold War, with numerous historical sites, especially in Berlin.
In conclusion, moving to Germany offers a plethora of advantages, including excellent job prospects, entrepreneurial opportunities, a wide array of cities to choose from, and a high standard of living.
Moreover, Germany’s commitment to sustainability, family-friendly policies, outstanding universities, and rich cultural heritage make it an enticing destination for anyone seeking a fulfilling and enriching life abroad.