TOPIC: RECIEVING THE HOLY SPIRIT -( PART2)
Scripture: Acts 19: 6. And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied.
Beloved, I welcome you to another Moment of Daily Encounter! In continuation of what we started yesterday on receiving the Holy Spirit the Spirit of rest. We did outline how to receive the Holy Spirit. Today, we shall be looking at receiving the Holy Spirit through laying of hands.
How do we recieve the Holy Spirit?
1. Repentance (Acts 2:38)
2. Understand that the Holy Spirit is already given (Acts 19: 2).
3. Understand that you don’t need to be perfect before you can receive the Holy Spirit! (Phil. 3: 12).
4. Eliminate fear of the unknown, doubt and unbelief.(Luke 11: 13).
5. Be ready to open your mouth and speak when your heart is open to receive the Holy Spirit! (Acts 2: 4).
(For details of this check yesterday meditation)
LAYING OF HANDS FOR RECIEVING THE HOLY SPIRIT
Although, you can receive the Holy Spirit in your kitchen, inside your bathroom, on your bed, while praying or in a prayer meeting. However. There are those who needed to be assisted to be filled with the Holy Spirit. Such will certainly require laying of hands for the infilling of the Holy Spirit.
What do we mean by laying of hands?
It is simply putting of a hands on the head of a person for the purpose of spiritual transfer.
Laying of hands is like building a bridge from a Spirit filled Individuals to one desiring to be filled with the Holy Spirit.
Once a Spirit filled personality lay hands on those who are desiring to be filled, there’s a transference of the Holy Spirit from the carrier to the desiring Individuals.
Biblical examples of Laying on hands for the infilling of the Holy Spirit:
1. The Ephesians believer (Acts 19: 1-6): The Bible said:
Acts 19: 6. And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied.
You can see here that the believer were not filled till hands were laid on them. You too can be can be assisted to receive the Holy Spirit by having hands laid on you.
2. The Samaria believers (Acts 8:14-18): As soon as the news came to the Apostles that Samaria have received salvation they sent them Peter and John. And the Bible said:
Acts 8: 17. Then laid they their hands on them, and they received the Holy Ghost.
Observe the clause “Then laid they their hands on them”! That is Peter and John lay their hands and the people were able to receive the Holy Spirit.
It was such a dramatic encounter that a man called Simon was ready to pay for it(Acts 8:18). If it was fake, I believe he wouldn’t come close how much less offering money!
Beloved, may I ask you this question if you are to offer money before receiving the Holy Spirit will you be able to give anything? Thank God now that the Holy Spirit is free of charge, how many persons are desperate enough like Simon ready to receive the Holy Spirit?
3. Saul of Tarsus (Acts 9:9-17): He had an encounter on his way to Damascus that led to his conversion. Now that he is saved, hands was laid on him to be filled with the Holy Spirit:
Acts 9: 17. And Ananias went his way, and entered into the house; and putting his hands on him said, Brother Saul, the Lord, even Jesus, that appeared unto thee in the way as thou camest, hath sent me, that thou mightest receive thy sight, and be filled with the Holy Ghost.
The same Saul later became Paul the Apostle (Acts 13:9) and this was his testimony:
1 Corinthians 14: 18. I thank my God, I speak with tongues more than ye all:
Beloved, are you filled with the Holy Spirit with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues? If no then get filled with the Holy Spirit today.
Remember this; Heaven is real and hell is real! The decision of where to spend eternity is best made while alive.
– Father thank you for your word to me today.
– Lord, I receive the Holy Spirit afresh into my life in the name of Jesus.
– I declare the in filling power of the Holy Spirit fills your life right now in the name of Jesus.
– May the pentecostal experience be your portion right now in the name of Jesus
Assignment : Lift your hands and receive the Holy Spirit afresh now while you pray in tongues.
From your brother Alex
God bless you.