TOPIC: PROVOKING THE BLESSING VIA HONOURING YOUR PARENTS
Scripture: Ephesians 6: 2. Honour thy father and mother; (which is the first commandment with promise;)
Beloved, I welcome you to another Moment of Daily Encounter! In continuation of the subject of provoking the blessing is largely honouring; The blessing can be provoke from a carrier to anyone in needs of the blessing. Today, we shall be looking at provoking the blessing through your parents.
What are the various ways of provoking the blessing?
1. Honouring the priest of the Most High God (For details of this check yesterday meditation)
2. Honouring your parents: Your parents wether spiritual or biological plays a vital role in your recieving your blessing.
Please note your biological parents is simply your father and mother! It is quite unfortunate that many children of God dishonour their parents while they expect God to blessed them. The Bible is so specific in this regard:
Ephesians 6: 2. Honour thy father and mother; (which is the first commandment with promise;) 3. That it may be well with thee, and thou mayest live long on the earth.
Beloved, observe the clause “that it may be well with you”! So, if it is not well with you check it out it is possible you are disobeying the law of honour to your parents.
Why do you need to honour your parents?
1. The Bible command you to do so(Eph.6v2)! So in obedience to the word of God, honour your parents.
2. Your parents are the gate way that brought you out into this world. If they have agreed to kill you, you wouldn’t have been existing today. To honour them therefore is to honour the gateway that brought you into this world.
3. Honouring your parents is pulling the trigger of the blessing upon your life. For example when Isaac was to transfer the blessing to Esau he said:
Genesis 27: 4. And make me savoury meat, such as I love, and bring it to me, that I may eat; that my soul may bless thee before I die.
You could see that Esau was a man that must have been honouring his father with venison! Hence the description ‘such as I love’, that message wasn’t pass to Jacob because he wasn’t the one that usually bring venison. Also observed from this scripture that it is the soul that bless when venison is brought. The mouth can pronounced you are blessed, but it is the soul that has received honour that releases the blessing.
The account of Isaac had it that Jacob brought the venison before Esau could arried and he collected the blessing before Esau’s arrival.
Beloved, don’t seat down while the blessing that is meant for you from your parents, that you are gradually loosing to other person’s because of your lack of honour to them.
Instead of your parents to go to the grave with the blessing in their mouths, they will rather give it to whoever satisfied the requirements and that is honour. Honour your parents today and watch your life experience unusual blessing.
Some one may ask pastor should I honour my parents that are know for evil? Yes is the answer! Oh you may say they are witches and wizard, why must I honour such a person?
Please understand that irrespective of who your parents are, they might be harbalist, juju priest, a drunkard etc. Your biological parents are your parents, they don’t have substitute, honour them the way they are and you will be provoking the blessing upon your life.
I’m aware that there are those who felt they are now educated and as such their illiterate parents should not be honour. When you dishonour your parents because of your achievement, educational attainment or what have you, you have indirectly lay a course on your life that will speak in a matter of time.
How do you honour your parents?
1. With your hearts: Let your heart honour your parents. Never you despise them in your heart.
2. With your words; Let your words show to them that you honour them.
3. With your substance (materials things): Let something leave your hands on constant basis to your parents.
In conclusion, men that understand honour are men with the trigger for provoking the blessing.
Remember this; Heaven is real and hell is real. Those that reject Jesus and His atoning work on earth will regret it in hell.
– Father thank you for your word to me today.
– Father help me to honour my parents in the name of Jesus.
– I prophesy the release of the blessing as you honour your parents in the name of Jesus.
– I declare restoration of your losses now in the name of Jesus.
Assignment: Prepare to honour your parents in a unique way this season and the blessing shall locate you
From your brother Alex
God bless you.