TOPIC: FAITH AND PATIENCE TRIGGERS FOR PROVOKING THE BLESSING
Scripture : Hebrews 6: 12. That ye be not slothful, but followers of them who through faith and patience inherit the promises.
Beloved, I welcome you to another Moment of Daily Encounter. Today is the last day of the month. And we have been looking at this mysterious force called THE BLESSING. To wrap it up we shall be considering faith and patience as a tools for provoking the blessing.
What are the various ways of provoking the blessing?
1. Honouring God’s servant or men with uncommon grace.
2. Honouring your parents both biological and spiritual parents.
4. Faith and Patience:
It is a well know fact that patience is a virtue and Faith is a weapon! Today we shall be examining the the life of a man that exhibited faith and patience and at last he was richly blessed, his name is Noah.
The brief history of NOAH:
Noah was born by Lamech (Gen.5:30). It was 57years then when the first man(Adam) died. And he began his walk with God at early age. At the age of 480 years of his life(Gen.6:14), God spoke to him to build an ark. At 500 years he gave birth to Shem, Ham and Japhet.
At 600years of his life(Gen.7:6), he was invited to come into the ark(that is, the ark was in building for a period of 120 years. Noah was inside the ark for 371 days until he received further instructions to come out(Gen.8:13-16).
Noah builded an altar to sacrifice to God immediately he came out of the ark (Gen. 8:20).He lived after the flood 350 years and died at 950 years.
Lesson from the life of Noah;
1. To be position for the blessing, we must choose to live right; The first thing we observed was Noah was born into a godless generation like our own today where there is no fear of God anymore, yet he choose to walk with God and live right! That is why you and me have no excuse for not living for God in our own generation to be position for the blessing.
2. Obedience of faith: The second thing we notice was when Noah received instructions of building an ark, there was no River, no rain! Infact the first rain the earth experience began after Noah has already enter the ark! If Noah has never experience rain before, and there is no river close by how come he believed God so much that he acted on His instructions? Noah receive strange instructions yet he was foolish enough to obey God. This is obviously obedience of faith!
Beloved, if you must be blessed by God, your entire life must follow the pattern of Noah in Faith walk. You must be willing to obey each moment the word of God comes to you. There are times God will ask you to sow, please obey God!This is pure faith walk! And it required you obeying the last instruction God gave you before a fresh one. God will not give you further instruction if the last command was not obeyed! Many of us stop hearing from God because we fail to do the last instruction that we receive from God.
Faith walk is an obedient walk. No wonder our anchor scripture say we should follow their steps who through faith and patience inherit the promises. Can you believe God when all instructions that He gives are unfamiliar, strange and unappealing? Imagine Noah to bring in animals with him into the ark! This are strange order.
3. Faith back up with Patience position you for the blessing: The third thing we observed from Noah is a life of patience! For 120years the promise of bringing in flood was given, Noah believed, goes to work yet no flood. He kept on believing even though there is no rain in view!
Noah never loose faith in God! I think this is a great lesson for all of us to be patient with God. Our generation is full of microwave Christians who want the promise of God fulfil sharp, sharp! Our generation want to be blessed quick quick!
Beloved, don’t rush God, don’t try to go ahead of God! It is disastrous to move when God has not move, learn from Noah. There are genuine men of God, who receive the call to the ministry with wonderful promises from God, but they have just spent few years in ministry and the promise not actualize, they begin to doubt and say, did I hear from God?
Some have dabble into occultism just to facilitates the promise!
Hmmm! Beloved if God truly promise you relax!
Don’t use your hands to facilitates anything. Has God promise you children, marriage, good job, open door, anointing etc,? know that God is too faithful to fail! Know that God is too good to disappoint you.
In between the promise and fulfilment is a factor called time. If Noah could be patient with God for 120 years , please exercise a little more patient!
Remember this: Heaven is real and hell is real! Those that neglect Jesus and His saving power now will regrets it in hell tomorrow.
– Father thank you for your word to me today,
– Father, I receive grace not to give up my faith and be patient with you Lord in Jesus name.
Prophetic Declaration :
– I prophesy the spirit of obedience to heaven sent instructions, receive it now in the name of Jesus.
– Grace to take your cool and be patient with God receive it now in the name of Jesus.
– Every agitation in your head because of delay promises cease now in the mighty name of Jesus.
Assignment: Talk to yourself to be patient a little while you trust God the more for that your desire blessing.
From your brother Alex
God bless you.