TOPIC : THANKSGIVING
Scripture :Psalm 92: 1. It is a good thing to give thanks unto the LORD, and to sing praises unto thy name, O most High:
Beloved, I welcome you to the 1st day of June, the sixth month of the year! We give thanks and praise to God Almighty who has made it possible for us to see the end of May! We also give thanks to God for sending us His word that guarantees testimonies since the year began.
As our custom on Moment of Daily Encounter (MODE), the first day of the month is usually set aside for thanksgiving. Hence we shall be considering the topic thanksgiving!
From our anchor scripture, the Bible said:
Psalm 92: 1. It is a good thing to give thanks unto the LORD, and to sing praises unto thy name, O most High.
Beloved the first thing to note about thanksgiving is that it is good! It is one thing you can do again and again and you will never miss it in life.
You can pray amiss but can not thank amiss!. Waoh! You can do thanksgiving every day and it will never be too much. Therefore an understanding of what thanksgiving is matters a lot.
What then is thanksgiving?
It is an expression of an attitude of gratitude to God for whom He is, what He has done and what is yet to do.
Who is He that deserves our thanks?
1. He is Jehovah El-Shaddai(Gen.17:1): The El-Shaddai means the Almighty God, the mighty breasted one, the one with a breast milk that is sufficient for every one to suck. The entire human race can suck from this breast, yet it is inexhaustible! Don’t you think this God deserves our thanks?
2. He is Jehovah Jireh(Gen.22:14): Jireh means the great provider!
Since the beginning of the year till now, so many lost their lives, some lost their jobs while others lost their businesses!
Yet God has been providing for His children! God has been sustaining His children! And as such He deserves our thanks!
Some one will ask me, pastor why should I thank God,? What I’m I thanking God for? Well, we are thanking God:
1. Because it is a command for us to praise and give thanks :
Psalm 150: 6. Let every thing that hath breath praise the LORD. Praise ye the LORD.
As long as you are still breathing this command is for you, to praise God continually
2 For the gift of life :
Isaiah 38: 18. For the grave cannot praise thee, death can not celebrate thee: they that go down into the pit cannot hope for thy truth. 19. The living, the living, he shall praise thee, as I do this day: the father to the children shall make known thy truth.
Those who have gone into the grave cannot praise God, So now that you have the opportunity to praise God, do it now because He deserves your thanks.
3. For the miracle of sleeping and waking up :
Psalm 3: 5. I laid me down and slept; I awaked; for the LORD sustained me.
So many people don’t know that sleeping and waking up every day is a miracle! Some went to bed and never wake up but that you could sleep alone is a miracle, then waking up is another miracle! So God deserves your thanks.
4. Because thanksgiving has a multiplier effect (Jn. 6:5-13): Jesus gave thanks for five loaves of bread and two fishes and it multiply to feed five thousand! So as you give thanks for whatever is remaining in your life now, expect a multiplication!
That little seeds in your hands will not die if you can thank God for it. Are you trusting God for baby, thank God because you still have a womb that can carry baby or has your womb be remove thank God you are still alive.
Beloved, I don’t know what you have lost? Is it your job, your business, your means of livelihood, your loved ones or a precious relationship?
Whatever it is that you have lost, God is the reason why you did not lost your life, God is the reason why you did not lost every thing! So He deserves your thanks! Settle down today and give thanks with a heart of gratitude to God.
Today, being the first day of June, I want you to bring out a quality time just to thank God for the year so far and thank God for the new month!
Remember this : Heaven is real and hell is real, the choice we made now determined where we shall spend eternity. Give your heart to Jesus today!
– Father thank you for your word to me today,
– Father, I receive grace to thank you again and again for your mercy over my life so far accept my thanks in Jesus name.
– May mercy and grace be your companion this month in the name of Jesus.
– You will not be victim of evil circumstances in this new month in the name of Jesus.
Assignment: Bring out a quality time just to thank God in your private homes today.
From your brother Alex
God bless you.