“Bible Verses on Prayer“
The entirety of our Christian faith is built on thr subject of prayer , because it is prayer that connects us to thr power source in heaven.
God steps in and intervene on our behalf only when we call upon his name In prayers, miracles and signs, wonders come from God In response to our prayers, God’s act is multiplied in our direction when we pray, our intimacy and connection the father is made stronger when we pray, so we cannot remove the subject of prayer from our Christian experience.
Have you been searching for relevant scriptures on the subject of prayer?
I’d be happy to help you with that!
Here are 20 Bible verses on the subject of prayer:
1. Matthew 6:9-13 – “This, then, is how you should pray: “Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name, your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us today our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one.”
2. Philippians 4:6-7 – “Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”
3. James 5:16 – “Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.”
4. 1 John 5:14-15 – “This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us—whatever we ask—we know that we have what we asked of him.”
5. Isaiah 55:6 – “Seek the Lord while he may be found; call on him while he is near.”
6. John 14:13-14 – “And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.”
7. Matthew 21:22 – “If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer.”
8. Colossians 4:2 – “Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful.”
9. 1 Thessalonians 5:17 – “pray continually”
10. Psalm 145:18 – “The Lord is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth.”
11. Psalm 34:17 – “The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears them; he delivers them from all their troubles.”
12. Psalm 5:3 – “In the morning, Lord, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait expectantly.”
13. Psalm 61:1-2 – “Hear my cry, O God; listen to my prayer. From the ends of the earth I call to you, I call as my heart grows faint; lead me to the rock that is higher than I.”
14. Psalm 66:18 – “If I had cherished sin in my heart, the Lord would not have listened.”
15. Psalm 103:1-2 – “Praise the Lord, my soul; all my inmost being, praise his holy name. Praise the Lord, my soul, and forget not all his benefits.”
16. Psalm 50:15 – “and call upon me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you will honor me.”
17. Ephesians 6:18 – “And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people.”
18. Luke 18:1 – “Then Jesus told his disciples a parable to show them that they should always pray and not give up.”
19. 1 Timothy 2:8 – “I want men everywhere to lift up holy hands in prayer, without anger or disputing.”
20. Proverbs 15:8 – “The Lord detests the sacrifice of the wicked, but the prayer of the upright pleases him.”
As you read these scriptures today, may the grace of God be released upon you in Jesus name, receive the spirit of prayer snd supplication to pray continually at all time and to remain fervent in the lord in Jesus name.
God bles you.