Anti-abortion Reasons Summary
Abortion can have both physical and emotional side effects for the woman who has the procedure. Some possible physical side effects include:
- Heavy bleeding or cramping
- Infection or sepsis
- Injury to the uterus or other organs
- Blood clots in the uterus
- Persistent abdominal pain
- Allergic reaction to anesthesia
- Long-term infertility or ectopic pregnancy in rare cases
Emotional side effects can vary depending on the woman’s personal circumstances and can include:
- Guilt or regret
- Depression or anxiety
- Difficulty bonding with future children
- Trauma or post-traumatic stress disorder
- Difficulty with future relationships
- Difficulty in sexual activities
It’s important to note that not all women experience these side effects, and some may have minimal or no side effects at all. Additionally, medical professionals can provide support and care to minimize any side effects of the abortion procedure.
10 Reasons never to have abortion
- Religious or moral objections to abortion.
- Belief that abortion is murder or the taking of an innocent life.
- Fear of physical or emotional harm to the woman having the abortion.
- Concerns about the long-term physical and emotional health effects of abortion on the woman.
- Belief that every child has a right to life.
- The potential for abortion to be used as a form of birth control.
- The belief that adoption is a more viable alternative to abortion.
- Fear of societal stigmatization or judgement for having an abortion.
- The belief that the father’s rights should be taken into consideration when making a decision about abortion.
- The belief that there are other alternatives such as parenting, surrogacy, fostering or kinship care which are more humane and ethical than abortion.